A Frontier People Group (FPG) is:
Joshua Project approximates FPGs as:
In Frontier People Groups, pioneer workers are generally limited to starting with non-believers. 60% of Unreached People Groups are still Frontier People Groups. In the other 40% of Unreached Groups it is often possible to partner with same-culture believers.How many Frontier People Groups are there?
Joshua Project data shows 4,888 Frontier People Groups with total population 2,019,990,000. One fourth of the world lives in these FPGs and have almost no chance of hearing about Jesus from someone in their own people group. About HALF the population of all FPGs live in just 37 groups, each over ten million in population.How neglected are Frontier People Groups?
The vast majority of mission prayer, giving and laborers focuses on strengthening Christians where Christians are already present. Only a very small portion of mission prayer and resources go to Unreached People Groups (UPGs) at all, and only a tiny fraction of this goes to Frontier Unreached People Groups (FPGs). Very few mission agencies and churches send even 1% of their missionaries to Frontier Peoples.
Link to or download these Frontier Peoples videos and post them on your website!
Use your mobile device to pray for the largest Frontier People Groups
Prayer guide for the largest Frontier People groups without a Gospel movement
Introduce children to Frontier People Groups